The Mississippi State Department of Health releases a weekly school report for K-12 schools of cases among students, teachers, and staff, number of outbreaks, and teachers and students under quarantine as a result of COVID-19 exposure.
For the week of August 24th to the 28th, the following coastal counties reported positive teachers and students with total outbreaks since the start of school:
- Hancock County had two students, zero teachers, and zero outbreaks
- Harrison County had 30 students, eight teachers, and 13 outbreaks
- Jackson County had 38 students, 10 teachers, and seven outbreaks
- George County had one student, zero teachers, and no outbreaks
- Pearl River County had 13 students, four teachers, and one outbreak
- Stone County was not listed