Trailer fire in Harrison County sends 1 person to hospital early Monday morning

HARRISON COUNTY, Miss. (WXXV) — One person was sent to the hospital following an early morning trailer fire in Harrison County.

Firefighters with Harrison County Fire Rescue responded to the call at around 5:30 a.m. off of Robinson Road, where they found the trailer fully engulfed in flames.

The occupant, who was asleep in the trailer at the time of the fire, barely escaped the smoke and fire, according to officials.

The occupant was injured getting out of the trailer and was treated by fire paramedics on the scene and transported to the hospital by American Medical Response (AMR).

Harrison County Fire Chief Pat Sullivan says the fire destroyed the trailer.

The cause of the fire was a space heater being used to heat the trailer.

Harrison County Fire-Rescue reminds people of the dangers of unattended space heaters and heating devices. The department also notes this incident shows the value of smoke alarms as they provide early detection and alerting for people sleeping.

Categories: Featured, Harrison County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *