MDEQ lifts six beach water contact advisories
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, lifted six water contact advisories Friday for Station 4, Station 10, Station 10B, Station 11A, Station 13A, and Station 14.
Water samples at these stations show the areas have attained acceptable bacteria levels. There are five advisories still in effect across the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
The advisories are issued for:
- Station 4 — Bay St. Louis Beach — the extent is from the Box Culvert east to Ballantine St.
- Station 10 — Gulfport Central Beach — the extent is from Alfonso Dr. east to Arkansas Ave.
- Station 10B — East Courthouse Road Beach (Gulfport) — the extent is from Courthouse Rd. east to Tegarden Rd.
- Station 11A — Edgewater Beach (Biloxi) — the extent is from Debuys Rd. east to Edgewater Ave.
- Station 13A — Biloxi East Beach — the extent is from Dukate St. east to Kuhn St.
- Station 14 — Front Beach (Ocean Springs) — the extent is from the Yacht Club east to Jackson Ave.
Advisories remain in effect for:
- Station 3 — Waveland Beach — the extent is from Oak Blvd. east to Favre St.
- Station 5 — Pass Christian West Beach — the extent is from Fort Henry Ave. east to Elliot St.
- Station 6 — Pass Christian Central Beach — the extent is from Henderson Ave. east to Hiern Ave.
- Station 8 — Gulfport West Beach — the extent is from Maria Ave. east to Camp Ave.
- Station 9 — Gulfport Harbor Beach — the extent from 20th to Thornton Ave.
Swimmers are reminded that the Beach Task Force has a standing recommendation that swimming not occur during or within 24 hours of a significant rainfall event.