Man Dies in RV Park Fire in Harrison County
Harrison County Coroner, Gary Hargrove, identified the man as James Kuykendall Jr. Hargrove says Kuykendall died of smoke inhalation. Firefighters from Harrison County Fire Services responded to Lakeside RV Resort on Mississippi 15 around 2:30 a.m. Harrison County Fire Marshal, Pat Sullivan, says residents of the RV park found the trailer burning and tried to fight the fire after calling 911.
Sullivan says, “They assumed that they were still in there because it was just as he had gone in, so they made an attempt to get in, they tried to put it out with water hoses. There was even a fire extinguisher that they tried to use but the fire was too great. It had consumed much of the trailer by that point.”
According to Sullivan’s report, the fire was started by a space heater.
Leave a Reply