Free meals for Christmas
With the holidays here, you or someone you know may want to get a free meal on Christmas Day.
As part of their Feed the Needy initiative, agencies across Harrison County will be delivering meals on Christmas Day to those in need. If you would like to sign up to get a free meal just contact your local police or sheriff department.
The agencies are also looking for monetary donations and volunteers to help deliver those meals on Christmas Day. Tiffany Neves with Gulfport PD community relations said, “We can only accept money. We can’t accept food, but the entire program is run by donations from people. Anyone can volunteer. They do not have to sign up. They just have to show up at the Lyman Community Center in Gulfport on Highway 49. They can come out on Christmas morning at 8 a.m.”
Feed the Needy has been going on for 29 years, supplying meals to Coast residents in need on Thanksgiving and Christmas. The deadline to order a meal is next Tuesday, December 17th.
To order meals for any needy person please contact one of the sponsoring agencies:
- Biloxi Police Department 228-385-3033
- D’Iberville Police Department 228-396-4252
- Gulfport Police Department 228-868-5703
- Gulfport Fire Department 228-868-5950
- Harrison County Sheriff’s Department 228-868-5950
- Long Beach Police Department 228-865-1981
- Pass Christian Police Department 228-452-3302