COVID-19 cases in Mississippi: 262 new reported cases, 22 deaths
Today, the Mississippi State Department of Health reported 262 new cases of COVID-19 in the state and 22 new deaths.
The state total stands at 8,686 and 396 deaths.
Here’s a look at the cases by county in our area
- Hancock County still has 72 (4 new) cases and nine (4 new) deaths.
- Harrison County has 188 (1 new) and six (0 new) deaths.
- Stone County has 23 (0 new) cases and no deaths.
- Jackson County has 272 (1 new) cases and 11 (1 new) deaths.
- Pearl River County now has 188 (5 new) cases and 24 (3 new) deaths.
Meanwhile, Hinds County still has the most cases in the state with 600 (12 new).
As of May 3, the state reported 4,421 cases of COVID-19 were presumed recovered.
MSDH Testing Summary as of May 6
MSDH Public Health Laboratory (MPHL) testing totals as of 6 p.m. These totals are for tests performed at the MPHL only.
- Total individuals tested by the MPHL: 13,715
- Total positive individuals from MPHL tests: 1,691