Woman critically injured in early morning fire in Biloxi

One person is in critical condition following an early morning fire in Biloxi.

Shortly after 1 a.m., the city’s fire department received a call about a structural fire at 2381 Pass Road, the same building that houses the Koi Sushi restaurant.

Three people were inside when the fire broke out. Crews arrived to find flames coming through the upstairs apartment area of the building. One person escaped as they arrived, but a woman was still trapped inside.

The firefighters rescued her from the burning building and immediately got her medical attention. She was later flown to a hospital.

Despite the woman’s condition, Biloxi Fire Chief Joe Boney is proud of his team’s response. “They did a great job. They got in quick. It was a textbook rescue. They got right in. They rescued everybody out. They contained the fire, kept it going to the first floor. The restaurant area and we recovered all the victims so we’re happy.”

Boney says there were no audible alarms and points to this incident as a prime example of why everyone should ensure their fire alarms are ready for an emergency.

Categories: Featured, Harrison County, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *