Two more COVID-19 deaths reported in Harrison County as spike continues
The spike in reported COVID-19 cases in the state with 703 reported cases on Wednesday and 16 deaths — including two in Harrison County.
The Mississippi State Department of Health released numbers for July 8. There are 33,591 reported cases and 1,204 deaths since reporting began in March.
There are 22,167 cases presumed recovered as of July 5.
Here are the numbers for our area:
- Hancock County is at 138 (4 new) cases and 13 deaths
- Harrison County is at 1,040 (27 new) cases and 14 deaths
- Jackson County is at 727 (23 new) cases and 17 deaths
- Stone County is at 73 (1 new) cases and two deaths
- George County is at 94 (3 new) cases and three deaths
- Pearl River County is at 276 (7 new) cases and 32 deaths