Tips to prevent fraud for home repairs after Hurricane Nate
Attorney General Jim Hood is reminding Mississippians who suffered property damage as a result of Hurricane Nate to be on alert for tree cutters who may be scammers.
Here are some tips to protect you and your loved ones from fraudulent tree cutters, roofers, and others:
• Verify that the company you are considering is insured
• Ask for several local references and make sure to follow through on checking them
• Get written estimates from more than one company
• Ask how the job will be done and if they will perform the work according to industry standards
• Ask about post-job cleanup and debris removal