Smoke spotted at Ocean Springs Community Center

A bit of a scare in Downtown Ocean Springs this morning as people reported seeing smoke coming from the Walter Anderson Museum of Art.

The Ocean Springs Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at the Ocean Springs Community Center adjacent to WAMA.

The building was filling up with smoke, which resulted in a full evacuation. The crews quickly turned off all of the utilities to the building.

There is no damage to the building or the Walter Anderson mural in the Ocean Springs Community Center. Ocean Springs Fire Deputy Chief Ryan Heath said, “We’ve determined that it is some electrical circuits that were having some issues in the building. They have been isolated and the city is currently working to repair the electrical issues at the moment.”

There were no injuries reported.

Categories: Local News, News