The latest on school schedules in South Mississippi
With Sally expected to make landfall as a hurricane and heavy rainfall and coastal flooding can be expected across the Gulf Coast, some schools are already announcing closures.
- Ocean Springs School District to close all operations on Wednesday due to the number of students, teachers, and staff members who have evacuated, along with child care facilities being short-handed for after school care.
- The Pascagoula-Gautier School District is open for regular school day on Thursday.
- Due to expected hazardous road conditions and flooding, Catholic schools in Jackson, Harrison, Hancock, and Pearl River Counties will be closed Wednesday, September 16, for both virtual and in person learning. Sacred Heart School in Hattiesburg will be open.
- Due to road conditions, flooding, and possible continued inclement weather, St. Patrick will remain closed tomorrow, Wednesday, September 16. There will be no in-person or virtual classes. All athletic events, practices, and extracurricular activities are canceled. At this time, the school plans to reopen school on Thursday, September 17. If anything changes, they will update everyone through School Messenger, school website, and school social media pages.
- Hancock County schools will have distance learning on Wednesday as scheduled.
- Harrison County School District will remain closed Wednesday for traditional and virtual students.
- All MGCCC locations and centers will be closed Wednesday. Residence Halls will remain open, and the dining hall will provide meals to those students.
- The Long Beach School District will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Biloxi Public Schools will continue with distance learning on Wednesday. They plan to resume in person instruction at all campuses on Thursday.
- The Bay Waveland School District is closed on Wednesday the 16th due to a large number of streets being flooded in the district.
- Moss Point School District will continue virtual learning on Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
- Saint Stanislaus will cancel all classes, in person and virtual, for Wednesday, September 16.
- Holy Trinity Catholic School will be closed tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept. 16th.
- Coast Episcopal School will delay the start of school until 9:30 am tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. If conditions worsen overnight and it becomes unsafe to travel to and from school, we may cancel the entire school day.
- George County School District will resume its normal school schedule on Thursday. It will be Gold Day for high school students.
- CCA will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The Gulfport School District is delaying opening of school Wednesday morning by two hours. All schools will dismiss at their normal times.
- William Carey University Tradition campus will be closed Wednesday. The Hattiesburg campus resumes normal operations Wednesday.
- Pass Christian Schools will continue with distance learning tomorrow, September 16. In-person learning will resume Thursday.
We will continue to update this story with more information as they come available.