Sand bags available
With the potential tropical system moving into our area over the next few days, sand bag locations are popping up across the Coast.
They will be placing sand, bags, and shovels at the following locations:
- Orange Grove Community Center
- The Fire Station on 42nd Avenue
- The intersection of Hewes Avenue and Glover Street
Residents will need to fill up their own bags, but staff will be available at these sites from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the remainder of the week as needed and as conditions allow.
In Long Beach, self-service sandbags are now located at the following places:
- The Long Beach Harbor East Parking Lot
- Harrison County Work Center on North Seal Avenue
- Long Beach Girls Softball Field on Klondyke Road
Everyone is asked to bring their own shovel.
In Jackson County, Sand bag locations are at the following places:
- In Moss Point at New Central Fire Station
- In Ocean Springs at Public Works Department at 712 A Pine Drive
- In Gautier behind City Hall on Highway 90
- In Pascagoula at the Jackson County Fairgrounds
- West Division Roads Department in Ocean Springs
- Fontainebleau Fire Department in Ocean Springs
- Forts Lake Fire Department in Moss Point
- East Division Roads Department in Moss Point
- Central Division Roads Department in Vancleave
- Andrews Fire Department in Ocean Springs
- Old Americus Road Fire Department in Lucedale
More sand bag stations and locations throughout the area are in the process of opening up.