Reported COVID-19 cases tops 1,000 statewide on Thursday
The Mississippi State Department of Health reported more than 1,000 new cases of COVID-19 cases in the state and 11 new deaths — two of them on the Coast.
The latest numbers reported 1,031 new cases of the virus statewide. Jackson and Harrison counties each reported a death in figures recorded on Thursday.
The statewide total stands at 34,622 confirmed cases and 1,215 deaths.
Here are the numbers in our area:
- Hancock County is now at 141 (3 new) cases and 13 deaths
- Harrison County is now at 1,096 (56 new) cases and 15 deaths
- Jackson County is now at 744 (17 new) cases and 18 deaths
- Stone County is now at 73 cases and two deaths
- George County has 112 (10 new) cases and three deaths
- Pearl River County has 281 (5 new) cases and 32 deaths