Pass Christian House Burns Down
Neighbors say around 2 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, they heard a loud crack of lightening before a fire broke out at the Pass Christian residence. Antoinette Faulstick, a neighbor, says, “It was just smoldering. The roof was smoldering. Flames were coming from the roof. You could hear glass breaking. It was scary.”
One neighbor ran inside to house to make sure everyone had gotten out. Al Faulstick, another neighbor, says, “Everyone had gotten out. None of the dogs or the kids were there.” Around 2:30 p.m., firefighters were on the scene. Four departments in all responded. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they entered to home and tried to save the structure, but it quickly became apparent that wasn’t going to happen.
Firefighters had to move outside and the fire raged for several hours. At one point, the flames were so big that neighbors feared their homes would also catch fire. Antoinette also says, “I was afraid it was going to come my way because I’m right next door, but there was no wind and I think that’s what helped it.”
The irony of Tuesday’s fire is the house was set to be sold in just three days. Fortunately, the owners they had already moved their furniture and other belongings to their new home.
Al closes, “They’re very lucky. I think they got everything out. I was just talking to them a little while ago. They’re very lucky.”