Overnight apartment fire in Harrison County

An apartment duplex is left severely damaged after a stove top was left on and caused a massive blaze.
Fire units with the Harrison County Fire Service, Lizana, and Gulfport Fire Department, as well as AMR responded to the scene. The home caught on fire around 10 last night along 29th Street off Canal Road.
The family inside the home was able to escape and there were no injuries reported during the blaze.
Neighbors tell News 25 what the scene looked like last night. Neighbor David Allen said, “A lot of flames and smoke coming out of the building and my roommate came around and was like the building was on fire and I thought he was joking. When we got up and we came out and the whole left side of the building from my side was just on fire. There was a big hole in the roof when the fire department got here.”
The apartment suffered major fire and smoke damage. An additional apartment received smoke damage as well.

Categories: Harrison County, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *