Mississippi sees another 600-plus day of COVID-19 cases
Mississippi reported another 600-plus day of reported COVID-19 cases in the state, with nearly 28,000 cases now in the state.
The surge in cases reported began last week. The Department of Health reported 653 cases on Tuesday, with an additional five deaths and four more gleaned from a review of death certificates for nine total.
To date, Mississippi has seen 27,900 cases reported and 1,082 deaths.
Here are the numbers for our area:
- Hancock County reported no new cases, still at 120 and 13 deaths.
- Harrison County reported 25 new cases, now at 744 total cases and now eight deaths.
- Jackson County reported 28 new cases. They’re now at 533 cases and 16 deaths.
- Stone County reports one new case, now at 52 and one death.
- George County also has one new case, now at 74 and three deaths.
- Pearl River County reports five new cases at 244 and still 32 deaths.