MDEQ Issues Two Beach Water Contact Advisories in Biloxi Four Others in Effect
(Jackson, Miss.) – The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality through its Beach Monitoring Program, issued two water contact advisories Friday for Station 11A (Edgewater Beach) and Station 12A (Biloxi West Central Beach). Four other advisories remain in effect.
The advisories are issued for:
- Station 11A — Edgewater Beach (Biloxi) — the extent is from Debuys Rd. east to Edgewater Ave.
- Station 12A — Biloxi West Central Beach — the extent is from Travia St. east to D’Ibervile Dr.
Advisories remain in effect for:
- Station 6 — Pass Christian Central Beach — the extent is from Henderson Ave. east to Hiern Ave.
- Station 7 — Pass Christian East Beach — the extent is from Espy Ave. east to Hayden Ave.
- Station 8 — Gulfport West Beach — the extent is from Maria Ave. east to Camp Ave.
- Station 9 — Gulfport Harbor Beach — near Pratt Avenue — the extent from 20th to Thornton Ave.
These segments of the beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in this area. When water samples show that levels are safe for human contact, the advisories will be lifted.
Swimmers are reminded that the Beach Task Force has a standing recommendation that swimming not occur during or within 24 hours of a significant rainfall event.