MDEQ Issues Six Beach Water Contact Advisories
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality, through its Beach Monitoring Program, issued water contact advisories Thursday for six stations.
NOTE: In accordance with Governor Tate Reeves’ Executive Order NO. 1466 closing Mississippi beaches at this time to the public beginning April 3 at 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. April 20, MDEQ is suspending its public beach water quality monitoring program and notifications for that period. MDEQ plans to continue testing at all beaches to support data collection needs for state water quality assessment.
The advisories are issued for:
- Station 3 — Waveland Beach — the extent is from Oak Blvd. east to Favre St.
- Station 5 — Pass Christian West Beach –the extent is from Fort Henry Ave. east to Elliot St.
- Station 7 — Pass Christian East Beach — the extent is from Espy Ave. east to Hayden Ave.
- Station 8 — Gulfport West Beach –the extent is from Marie Ave. east to Camp Ave.
- Station 9 — Gulfport Harbor Beach — the extent is from 20th Ave. east to Thornton Ave.
- Station 10 — Gulfport Central Beach — the extent is from Alfonso Dr. east to Arkansas Ave.
An advisory remains in effect for:
- Station 6 — Pass Christian Central Beach — the extent is from Henderson Ave. east to Hiern Ave.