Local Chambers/SRHS sponsoring blood drives on Tuesday, April 7th
The Blood Center, in conjunction with the Jackson County Chamber, Ocean Springs Chamber and Singing River Health System are holding two blood drives on Tuesday, April 7th. The need for blood donations is constant and will continue through this pandemic. The Blood Center is urging donors to donate blood but donors to schedule their appointment ahead of time.
Please see safety tips and blood drive information below.
- Ask yourself if you’re feeling healthy. Good! continue on.
- Schedule a blood donation now. Blood already on the shelves saves lives, and maintaining a sufficient blood supply is essential to ensure patients in need receive optimal treatment.
- Begin the health screening via FastLane on the day of your donation BEFORE you enter a donor center or mobile blood drive.
- Eat a good meal and don’t forget your ID, Arrive as close to your appointment time as possible to reduce your wait and follow the social distancing measures suggested by the CDC.
- After your donation, consider sharing with friends and family what you did on social media. It’s good, positive, and you may encourage someone else into donating.
The Blood Center would like to emphasize that sanitation, cleanliness, and safety for our donors, patients, and staff has always been #1. Every day, as a part of regular operations,donor centers follow appropriate infection control standards put forth by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).