Lightning causes fire at Ingalls Avenue Baptist Church

Lightning struck a church this morning in Pascagoula, causing it to catch fire.

According to the Pascagoula Fire Department, around 9:30 this morning, neighbors told officials that a lightning strike hit the steeple of Ingalls Avenue Baptist Church. No injuries have been reported.

The pastor of the church, John Turner, says this caused electrical damage within the sound booth of the building. “When I arrived, the fire department was here. The fire department is not far from the church. They were here within two minutes. They responded very quickly and was able to get it under control with minimum damage.”

Pastor John tells News 25 he is unsure if they will have church in the sanctuary, but the gymnasium will be available if needed.

Categories: Featured, Jackson County, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *