Gulfport Fire Department contains house fire

Today, the Gulfport Fire Department responded to a call involving a house fire at the two thousand block of 48th Avenue.
Several units responded to the scene where they extinguished the fire that was contained to the interior wall of the left side of the home. The homeowner was inside of the house when the fire started, but was not injured.
News 25 spoke to Tarik Fields with the Gulfport Fire Department who gives us more details on the cause of the fire. “The homeowner was here eradicating ants. She poured gas on the ant bed and when she lit it on fire, she thought she had put the fire out, but she had some openings within the bricks and the fire shot up and it went between the sheet rock and the outside wall. We had a very fast response time. This was a very lucky homeowner.”
Due to the fast response time of the Gulfport Fire Department, Fields says the damage to the home was minimized to light smoke damage.

Categories: Harrison County, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *