Gas leak at Comfort Inn and Suites in Gulfport sends five to hospital

Several guests were evacuated from a Gulfport hotel this afternoon following a gas leak.

Harrison County Fire Rescue and AMR responded to multiple medical emergencies at the Gulfport Comfort Inn and Suites around 12:30 today.

It was determined that there was a carbon monoxide leak in the building and the entire building was evacuated.

AMR transported five people who complained of having symptoms consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning to a local hospital for observation.

Harrison County Fire Rescue Chief Pat Sullivan told News 25 he believes the symptoms to be non-life threatening.

Currently, Harrison County Fire is working with Center Point Gas Company to locate the source of the leak.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *