Fully involved structure fire in Harrison County

Harrison County Fire Services responded to a fully involved structure fire at about 8:40 a.m. on Cable Bridge Road near Vidalia Road.
Fire chief Pat Sullivan says responders arrived within minutes of the call and were able to keep the flames from destroying a mobile home.
Sullivan said the fire started from a heating lamp that was used to provide warmth for chickens that were housed in the garage.
The workshop was fully involved at the time of arrival and was a total loss.
Pass Christian fire department and CRTC assisted with the fire.
Sullivan said six trucks and 17 firefighters responded to the blaze.
Homeowner, Mark McAvoy says, “I woke up to a fire this morning, I opened up my door and my place was on fire and I called up 911 and the fire department was here in about three minutes. They saved my home and that was the first thing I really thought about was as I was stepping out to move vehicles and I thought, this is it, it’s burnt down, I’m not going to have anything and y’all saved me.”
The chickens did not escape the fire.
Three cars were damaged and a motorcycle was destroyed.
No injuries were reported.

Categories: Featured, Harrison County, Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *