Father and son escape Gulfport house fire uninjured

A father and son are safe after escaping a house fire in Gulfport.

Gulfport Fire Chief Billy Kelley tells News 25 the two were home when the fire started around 1:45 yesterday afternoon.

It happened at a large two-story building at 17th Street and Eastward Drive.

Firemen arrived just three minutes after the call came in to put out the flames.

Chief Kelley says it appears the blaze started in the attic of one of the additions to the building, likely an electrical malfunction.

Categories: Local News, News