Dog Causes Gas Explosion

A gas explosion that destroyed a woman’s home in Gulfport was caused by one of her dogs. The homeowner, who was not home at the time of the explosion, had left her four dogs locked inside a utility room. The four pets survived the blow. Gulfport fire officials determined the collar of one of the dogs was caught on a valve. As the animal tried to get free, it tugged on the valve enough to cause the explosion. It’s an unusual event but stresses the importance of being attentive to where you lock up your pets when you are not home.
Gulfport Fire Department District Chief Mike Bond said, “We arrived on scene. There was no fire, the house was in shambles. We went inside to determine to make sure nobody was in there. All we found was several dogs, all of them made it out fine.”
Fire officials say the house has severe damage and at this point is a total loss.

[mappress mapid=”2246″]

Categories: Local News, News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *