COVID-19: 1,092 new cases, five new deaths state wide
Today, the Mississippi State Department of Health reported a record number of coronavirus cases in our state. They reported 1,092 new cases of COVID-19 and five new deaths.
The statewide total stands at 24,516 cases and 1,016 deaths.
Here are the numbers in our area:
- Hancock County reported six new cases. They now stand at 112 cases and 13 deaths.
- Harrison County reported 48 new cases. They’re now at 562 cases and seven deaths.
- Jackson County reported 19 new cases. They’re currently at 458 cases and 16 deaths.
- Stone County has four new cases, now at 48 cases and one death.
- George County has two new cases. They’re at 60 cases and three deaths.
- Pearl River County has four new cases, now at 232 cases and 32 deaths.
MSDH reports 17,242 people have presumably recovered from the virus.