Carnival Fantasy to set sail out of Mobile on September 5th; cruise bookings up 600%
Carnival Cruise Line has announced the projected date for Carnival Fantasy to begin sailing out of Mobile again is September 5.
Carnival announced May 4 that other ships will begin sailing out of ports in Florida and Texas in early August, including Miami, Orlando and Galveston.
A representative with a franchise of American Express Travel, Cruise Planners, said that bookings for cruises were up 600% compared to the same time last year on the day of Carnival’s announcement.
Due to the spread of COVID-19, Carnival Cruise Line has canceled the following sailings:
- All San Francisco sailings through 2020
- All Carnival Sunrise sailings through and including October 19, 2020
- All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
- All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020
- All Carnival Spirit Alaska, Hawaii, & Trans-Pacific sailings through and including October 6, 2020
- Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista sailings through and including July 31, 2020
- All Other Ships sailings through and including August 31, 2020
As the cruise line prepares to welcome guests onboard once again, Carnival has added these extra health standards to keep cruisers safe:
- More frequent sanitizing of tables, chairs, menus and other surfaces in restaurants and bars before use.
- More frequent open deck sanitation of sun loungers, outdoor furniture, mini-golf, sports equipment, handrails, etc.
- Additional sanitizing of frequently hand-touched surfaces in all public areas and lounges, all restaurants, lobbies, elevators, handrails, public phones, counters, public displays, medical centers, gangways, casino chips, games, slot machines, fitness machines, children’s toys, and security screening equipment, among others.
- Wherever possible, staff is serving guests at food stations, including the Lido buffet and ice cream machines. Where not possible due to layout restrictions or other locations such as condiment set-ups and salsa bars, dedicated personnel are posted to monitor these stations and service and ensure they are cleaned and sanitized in a timely manner. In any self-service areas that remain, serving utensils are replaced on a more frequent basis.
- Stateroom surfaces and fixtures are thoroughly cleaned up to twice daily with particular attention to bathrooms and surfaces frequently touched. All guest corridors including handrails and stateroom door handles are frequently sanitized. During instances that guests display flu-like symptoms, the stateroom will receive additional deep cleaning.
- Hand-washing sinks and/or hand sanitizing applications are available at the entrances to all dining rooms and the Lido buffet. A roster of guest communications detailing proper hand-washing techniques are visible throughout the ships and reiterated by staff and officers onboard.
- Additional hand sanitizers/dispensers have been placed in highly trafficked locations where there may not be hand-wash sinks available.
- The temperature in our washers and dryers has been increased for enhanced disinfection of laundered goods, including bedding, tablecloths, towels, napkins, etc.
- At night, a deep cleaning and disinfection process is conducted utilizing electro-static applications through specialized machines in highly-trafficked public areas (including all restaurants, the fitness center, spa, lido deck areas, promenade, casino, medical center, public restrooms, lounges, bars, lobbies, elevators, atrium, youth activity centers, arcade and all crew public areas).