Athletes recognized at Biloxi High School Spring Signing Day Ceremony
More than 20 Biloxi High School athletes have signed National Letters of Intent this school year, eight of them doing so Wednesday afternoon during the spring period, representing six different sports.
In alphabetical order:
- Jasmine Burdine put pen to paper with PRCC for volleyball
- Hugo Carbajo with Blue Mountain College for baseball
- Madisyn Crosslin with Lurleen B. Wallace Community College in Alabama for volleyball
- Kyjaun Edwards with Mississippi Valley State for track and field
- Casey Heustess with Harding University in Arkansas for soccer
- Elijah Johnson with Mississippi Valley State for track and field
- Sophia Jones with MGCCC for dance
- Abbygail Kinlock with Colby Community College in Kansas for track and field
Johnson said, “Our coach worked with their coach whenever he was in college, and just to be able to go in the DI level and go with a teammate, that was a big deal to me.”
Edwards said, “Whatever I do, I make him better at. Whatever he does, he makes me better at. If he wins one race, then it makes me come back twice as hard to win the race that I’m doing. And that’s how it works both ways for us.”
“We’re just used to winning, so we’re going to go and try to do that at the next level.”
Johnson says he competes in pole vault, long jump, triple jump, the 400, and both hurdles.
Edwards does the 100 and 200, 300 hurdles, and the 4 by 1, 4 by 2, and 4 by 4 relays.