More than 500 new COVID-19 cases reported in state
Today, the Mississippi State Department of Health reported a record number of coronavirus cases in our state. They reported 1,092 new cases of COVID-19 and five new deaths.
The statewide total stands at 24,906 cases and 1,022 deaths. No new deaths have been reported in the South Mississippi counties.
Here are the numbers in our area:
- Hancock County reported three new cases. They now stand at 115 cases and 13 deaths.
- Harrison County reported 445 new cases. They’re now at 607 cases and seven deaths.
- Jackson County reported 13 new cases. They’re currently at 471 cases and 16 deaths.
- Stone County has no new cases, now at 48 cases and one death.
- George County has 1 new case. They’re at 61 cases and three deaths.
- Pearl River County has three new cases, now at 235 cases and 32 deaths.
MSDH reports 17,242 people have presumably recovered from the virus.