It’s day four of Cruisin’ the Coast.
Here’s a look at a lineup of some of today’s Cruisin’ events throughout South Mississippi.
- In Biloxi, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., you can stroll through the downtown area for a block party, with a feature car appearance from 8 a.m. to 12 noon.
- At the Coast Coliseum, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., you can check out some breath-taking, classic beauties at the Vicari Auto Auction and Autocross.
- Just east of Treasure Bay, you can head on over to the Car Corral from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- At the downtown Biloxi Block Party, car enthusiast and TV star Cristy Lee will be on hand to meet with fans from 10 a.m. until 12 noon today.
- The Beau Rivage Casino in Biloxi is setting the stage for a sock hop with the New Orleans Mystics at the pool pavilion. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- In Diamondhead, a heavenly experience will take place. The blessing of the classics is sure to have a long line as this annual event cranks up from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. today. All cruisers are welcome to roll in for a blessing!
- Centennial Plaza will be a major hub of activity in Gulfport. Cruise Central is setting the stage for all kinds of Cruisin’ the Coast events throughout the day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Each year, Cruisin’ the Coast venues expand throughout South Mississippi. Over the past 23 years, including the recent addition of beach front events in Pascagoula, Cruisin’ the Coast Executive Director Woody Bailey says more venues have led to less traffic issues for locals.
Woody Bailey, Cruisin’ the Coast Executive Director tells News 25, “It’s allowed us to utilize all real estate up and down the Gulf Coast, spread out the traffic, and I am hearing less complaints about traffic from the locals over the past few years because of what we’re doing. We’re having events at the same time at different areas of the coast. We may have something to the west. We might have an event to the east at the same time. It gives people a choice of what they want to do, what they go to, and I think it helps with traffic.”
This year’s Cruisin’ the Coast event will wrap up on Sunday at Cruise Central in Gulfport at Centennial Plaza where the winner of a $20,000 prize will be announced.