11/4 – Brittany’s “Severe Threat Ahead” Friday Evening Forecast

Throughout the day today we’ve seen a gradual increase in cloud coverage in advance of an approaching cold front. We’ve managed to stay rain free thus far but tonight, we’ll see a 20% chance for isolated showers in the area. Heading into tomorrow, we’ll see further changes. Tomorrow will hold an 80% chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms and we’ll be under a MARGINAL threat for severe weather (Level 1 out of 5). The main threat will be the potential for locally heavy rainfall with rain rates anywhere from 1-3 inches per hour. The heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding.

By Sunday, the cold front will stall, becoming stationary and because of that, we’ll see the potential for lingering showers on Sunday with slow clearing.

Categories: Weather Headlines