Travel tips for busy holiday week
With an increase of passengers during the busy holiday season, the Transportation Security Administration and Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport share some tips on air travel safety and protocols.
- Wear a face mask everywhere in the airport and on the plane.
- Remember the 3-1-1- rule when it comes to liquids in your carry-on bag.
- Leave all prohibited items such as pocket knives at home and don’t ever bring your gun to the checkpoint.
- Have your valid ID ready.
- Always empty your pockets and put your phone into your carry-on rather than into a bin.
- If you’re bringing a gift with you, use gift bags rather than wrapping your presents in case TSA needs to further examine the item.
TSA Spokesperson Sari Koshetz said, “The rules are still in place. 3.4 ounces for liquids, gels, or aerosols placed in a one quart size bag, one bag per passenger. If you have a larger item that’s not a hazmat item you can put it into your check-bag. On the items that are prohibited in your carry on, they typically can go into your check-bag.”
Passengers can ask TSA their questions in real-time on Twitter and Facebook messenger.