Standoff ends after Biloxi shooting suspect found dead inside home

Just before 4 p.m., police confirmed Anthony Little was found dead inside the home on Strangi Avenue by Biloxi SWAT.

“I think it’s sad. I think it’s a good life wasted. I heard he led a pretty good life and he was a good person.”

After a 24-hour stand-off with Biloxi police, 54-year-old Anthony Little was found dead inside his mother’s home from a self-inflected gunshot wound. Biloxi Police Department Public Information Officer Brian Dykes said, “This is not the outcome we were hoping for. We were prepared to wait as long as Mr. Little wanted us to wait for this to have a good ending.”

Over a 26-hour period, Biloxi PD responded to a 911 call from a witness reporting someone was shot near Westwick Apartments Wednesday afternoon.

That suspect was identified as Anthony Little, who then allegedly kidnapped a woman and forced her to drive him to an area near Rodenburg and Pass Road and was then seen fleeing to his mother’s house on Strangi Avenue in Biloxi.

That’s when police say Little started shooting at officers and barricaded himself inside, leading to an overnight standoff, leaving residents shocked at the overall situation. “He’s a really sweet man. I’ve had encounters with him and I would have never guessed he would do this.”

Hours passed and police hadn’t seen any movement from Little inside the home. “The only way in was through the window and we made our way to the back of the house, where unfortunately we found Mr. Little apparently deceased from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.”

Resident Crystal Davison said, “Everybody is connected out here and it’s a really sad event. I’m not sure what we even heard was even true, there was a lot of rumors going around and some other things that we all heard. It was a little different than what we were told.”

Captain Brian Dykes tells News 25 he felt keeping the public informed on the situation played an important role. “Every time something happened, I came out and spoke to the crowd that was here and spoke to the crowd and told them ‘hey you want to know what’s going on, come over here and I’ll tell you.’ They stepped over. I was very frank and forth coming with them and answered their questions and they seem to appreciate that.”

Biloxi police still have not identified a motive to the shooting. An investigation remains ongoing.

Categories: Featured, Harrison County, Local News, News