Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame announces Class of 2023
The Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame announced eight new members for its class of 2023, including four NFL players and the first-ever skeet shooter, hailing from Biloxi.
In alphabetical order:
- Jeff Herrod, former Ole Miss football star who played 11 years with the Colts
- Paul Maholm, former Mississippi State baseball star who spent ten years in the Bigs
- John Mangum, a nine-year NFL pro out of Magee
- Jim Page, who’s been the head baseball coach at Millsaps for 34 years
- Tony Rosetti, the aforementioned marksman
- Carol Ross, former Ole Miss women’s basketball star and WNBA Coach of the Year 2012
- Patrick Surtain, former Southern Miss football star and 11-year NFL pro
- Lewis Tillman, former Jackson State football star and seven-year NFL pro
Rosetti said, “You say a bucket list, I’ve wanted to be in here ever since I knew it was here. Everything I did in shooting, I hoped would give me an opportunity to get here. I mean listen, this is the greatest thing in Mississippi if you’re an athlete, and I’m ecstatic and proud just to be associated with some of these people, and people I’ve known all of my life, some I’ve just known recently, but it’s just such an honor.”
Rosetti and company will be formally enshrined on the last weekend of July 2023 during the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame Induction Weekend.