George County football’s Ashton Hollins commits to Illinois
The recent Division I football history coming out of Lucedale, Mississippi is as good as any other program on the Gulf Coast as well as the entire state.
Today, George County’s Ashton Hollins committed to the University of Illinois just a few days after receiving his first D-1 offer from the Fighting Illini on Sunday.
A newcomer with the Rebels, the rising senior comes in from Mary G. Montgomery High School in Alabama, but he made a quick impact on his new team, accounting for a pair of touchdowns in a May spring game.
Just look at this elite company when it comes to recent power five signees and commits to come out of George County:
- Indiana Wide Receiver Ty Fryfogle in 2017
- Mississippi State’s Dylan Lawrence in 2019
- McKinley Jackson with Texas A&M in 2020
- MJ Daniels flipping to Ole Miss this year
- And a pair next year in four star Ole Miss commit Marquez Dortch and three star Illinois commit Ashton Hollins