Five Leaders are Girl Scouts Women of Distinction for 2021
Event to be Held Thursday, September 16th in Jackson
JACKSON, Miss. (August 5, 2021) – For the 17th year, Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi has assembled a group of distinguished women to be honored at the Women of Distinction event. These leaders, through their commitment to the community in which they live and work, serve as role models for Girl Scouts. This fundraiser supports the many activities enjoyed by our 8,000 Girl Scouts across 45 counties in central and south Mississippi, more specifically our InSchool Girl Scouts.
The Women of Distinction event will be held at the Westin Hotel in downtown Jackson on Thursday, September 16th. A reception featuring a silent auction and live music by Kerry Thomas begins at 5:30pm. Dinner and the program begin at 7:00pm. Tickets are available starting at $125 per person, with a “Friend of the Girl Scouts” sponsorship available for $500 for a pair. Corporate sponsorships begin at the Bronze level for $1500 for a table of 8.
- Carolyn Boteler, President at TempStaff
- Ebony Lumumba, PhD., Assc. Professor of English/Department Chair of English, Modern Foreign Languages, & Speech, Jackson State University
- Cathy Lott Northington, Chief Operating Officer, Mississippi Economic Council
- Dorothy Shaw, Director, Ethics, EEO/DE&I, Ingalls Shipbuilding
- Dana Stringer, Mississippi Republican Executive
“We are so honored to have these women represent the Girl Scouts in Mississippi,” said Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi CEO Becky Traweek. “Each is a leader in her profession and has worked hard to make the world a better place.”