Department of Marine Resources 2022 calendars now available
The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources’ 2022 Marine Information Calendars are now available at locations along the Coast.
The agency held a photo contest earlier this year, and those chosen are featured each month, as well as on photo pages in the calendar.
The winners of the photo contest are: Cover, Joan McCool; January, Tammy Umpstead; February, Mai Dang; March, Sonny Schindler; April, Gary Crossland; May, Jeff Baldock; June, Caroline W. Shaw; July, Bob Effinger; August, Lisa Lindsey; September, Courtney Walker; October, B. Hammond; November, Diane Moore; December, Van Garrard.
This year’s calendar features the offices and programs that MDMR administers to protect those coastal resources. The free calendar also contains such information as tide data, sunrise and sunset times, moon phases, artificial reef coordinates, size and possession limits for fish, boating safety requirements and Mississippi saltwater fish records.
The calendars will be available at the following locations while supplies last. Calendars will also be available at Coast bait shops.
- Bay St. Louis:
• The Sea Coast Echo, 835 Hwy 90 Suite #8, 228-467-5473
• Biloxi Visitors Center, 1050 Beach Blvd., 228-374-3105
• Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, 1141 Bayview Ave., 228-374-5000
• Mississippi State University Coastal Research & Extension Center, 1815 Popp’s Ferry Road, 228-388-4710
• Hope Community Credit Union, 188 Porter Ave., 228-374-1554
• Gautier City Hall, 3330 Hwy. 90, 228-497-8000
• Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union, 12364 Hwy. 49, 228-539-7029
• WXXV Fox 25, 14351 Hwy. 49, 228-832-2525
• Gulfport City Hall, 2309 15th St. 228-868-5700
- Long Beach:
• Long Beach City Hall, 201 Jeff Davis Ave., 228-863-1556
- Moss Point:
• Grand Bay NERR, 6005 Bayou Heron Rd., 228-475-7047
- Ocean Springs:
• Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce, 1000 Washington Ave., 228-875-4424
• Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, 2404 Government St., 228-875-5912
• Ocean Springs Harbor, 1310 Harbor Rd., 228-872-5754
• Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, 720 Krebs Ave., 228-762-3391
• Wayne Lee’s Grocery Store, 1317 Telephone Road, 228-762-4101
- Pass Christian:
• Pass Christian Water Department, 200 West Scenic Drive 228-452-3311
• Pass Christian Harbor Master’s Office, 115 Market St., 228-452-5128