Time to find that furry friend! WXXV NBC 25 & The Humane Society of South Mississippi have teamed up to Clear the Shelters, Saturday, August 29th from 10am to 4pm with a $25 adoption special! They are also offering $15 kittens and $5 cats every Friday this month! The Humane Society is located at 2615 25th Ave. in Gulfport. Their business phone is: 228-863-3354 and their website is www.hssm.org.
Follow our event on Facebook for the latest updates! https://www.facebook.com/events/3317339548381196/
“We are really hoping to clear out at least a couple of our pods at the shelter to really make a difference, ” says Shelter Director Katie King.
HSSM’s updated policies/procedures for operating during COVID are listed on their website’s home page at www.hssm.org and are as follows:
- HSSM staff/volunteers and anyone who enters the shelter, must be wearing a face mask at all times while in the facility.
- HSSM guests will maintain a 6ft. social distance while in the adoption lobby and thrift store.
- Limit of one adopter and one child per adoption counselor. If you have a larger group, dogs can be brought outdoors to meet the entire family.
- Adopters will check-in with a HSSM staff member outside of the adoption entrance prior to meeting any adoptables.
- If seating is fully occupied in the adoption lobby, adopters must wait in their vehicle to be called by a HSSM staff member for assistance.
- We ask that potential adopters please visit our website first at: https://hssm.org/adoptable-pets/ to have a few pets in mind that they are interested in adopting. This helps to speed up the process and guests have a better idea of what pets are currently residing at the shelter.
- If any HSSM staff member, volunteer or client is experiencing symptoms such as fever, coughing or sneezing, they will not be allowed to enter the shelter or asked to leave by a HSSM staff member.
- Thanks to everyone in advance for their patience and understanding as we navigate through these unprecedented times together. Saving lives takes time!
Don’t have room for a pet but would still like to help? Go here to donate to the Humane Society of South MS – https://hssm.org/donate-today/
Learn more about this national event at www.cleartheshelters.com