Most of the casinos on the Mississippi Gulf Coast will reopen Thursday, May 21 after being forced to shut down for nearly two months.
Although casinos will be open, several amenities normally offered to guests will remain closed or have limited service.
All casinos will have limited occupancy and staff must wear face masks. Some casinos will require that everyone undergo a temperature check before they are allowed inside.
Here is a look at opening day procedures at the casinos along the Mississippi Coast:
Beau Rivage —The casino resort will reopen later than the others, at 10 a.m. June 1, with an invitation-only weekend ahead of its public reopening.
- Open initially will be the hotel, Italian restaurant Stalla, Terrace Café and Snacks.
- The buffet and other restaurants will open at a later time.
- Retail outlets Essentials and BR Etc. will be open for guests.
- Digital menus will be available to view on personal mobile devices with QR codes provided in the restaurants.
- Restaurant guests will receive a text message notification when their tables are ready.
- The sportsbook, Topgolf Swing Suite, spa and salon won’t open initially.
- The DreamCast Entertainment summer show “Funambula,” which was to star daredevil Bello Nock, is postponed until next year.
- Sister resort Gold Strike in Tunica will open May 25. Boomtown — Opens 10 a.m. Thursday
- Slot machines will be configured for social distancing
- Table games will reopen in the near future
- Live music, entertainment, convention and banquet services will remain suspended.
- There will be no large drawings, tournaments or special events
- Restaurant offerings will be limited to prepackaged sandwiches, drinks and snacks from Pho Boy Grill.
- The buffet and Stadium Sports Bar are temporarily closed.
- The RV Park and valet are closed
- A fog machine will disinfect and sanitize every night.
Golden Nugget — Casino opens at 8 a.m. Thursday
- The hotel, swimming pool and Michael Patrick’s Sports Bar reopen Wednesday, May 20.
- The casino floor opens at 8 a.m. on May 21
- Restaurants opening May 21 are Morton’s The Steakhouse, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and Lillie’s Asian Cuisine
- The sportsbook, buffet, and the spa and salon will remain closed temporarily.
Hard Rock Biloxi — Opens at 11 a.m. Thursday
More details will be provided when available.
Harrah’s Gulf Coast — Opens at 8 a.m. Thursday
- Slot machines are arranged for social distancing
- Table games will be offered with limited seating
- Restaurants that will be open are Steak ‘N Shake, Mix & Mingle, Starbucks and The Blind Tiger.
- Flavors Buffet, Magnolia House by Kelly English, Bellissimo Spa & Salon and The Book sportsbook, will remain closed and will reopen in phases.
- The swimming pool and pool deck will be to open to guests. Non-hotel guests will be able to enjoy for a daily fee.
- Grand Bear Golf Course is open
Hollywood Gulf Coast — Opens at noon Thursday
- Casino floor will offer slots only, with table games and poker to be opened soon.
- Grab-and-go sandwiches, drinks and snacks from Celebrity Grill
- Buffet and Bogarts Steakhouse will remain temporarily closed
- The hotel and RV Park are temporarily closed, but will reopen soon.
- Bridges Golf Course will open Thursday.
- Live music, entertainment, convention and banquet services remain suspended.
- No large drawings, tournaments or special events
- A fog machine will be used to disinfect and sanitize every night.
IP Casino — Opens at 1 p.m. Thursday
- The casino will have table games and slots (limited by capacity and social distancing restrictions).
- The buffet and Tien are closed. All other restaurants will be open (with Thirty-Two opening this weekend).
- The sportsbook will be closed initially.
- Studio A and the spa and pool will be closed.
- All other amenities will be available, although hours could be reduced.
- Hotel rooms will not be cleaned daily to limit contact.
Island View — opens at 8 a.m. Thursday
- Until further notice no one under age of 21 will be allowed on property.
- Accepting hotel reservations beginning with arrivals on May 21.
- Previously earned tier status and slot view points are safe. Offers received during the closure are no longer valid.
- The casino will offer guests alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and exclusively will provide a new bacteria killing sanitizer that lasts up to 4 hours by creating a glove-like barrier of protection.
Palace Casino — Opens at 10 a.m. Thursday
- Slot machines have been arranged to eliminate side-by-side seating.
- Table games will be open with spaced seating for up to three players per table.
- Palace Buffet will reopen and operate as a cafeteria-style venue, with staff at each station to prepare and serve guests’ plates.
- Palace Café & Bakery will feature grab-and-go sandwiches, salads, desserts and beverages.
- Other Palace restaurants will reopen at a later date.
- Every hotel room will be cleaned and sanitized between guests, but daily housekeeping services will be limited on stay-over days.
- Pure Spa & Fitness Center will remain closed. Services not available initially are valet parking, transportation for guests, room service. Access to elevators, the business center and gift shop will be limited.
- Preserve Golf Club is open.
Scarlet Pearl — Opens at 8 a.m. Thursday
- Plexiglass dividers were installed between slot machines and at table games.
- All employees and guests will undergo non-invasive temperature checks. Those with a temperature at or over 100.4°F will not be allowed in the casino.
- The sportsbook kiosks will be kept disinfected.
- Restaurants will close at 10 p.m. and reopen at 8 a.m., and disposable menus will be used.
- Tables have been arranged for social distancing and the restaurants will be operating at reduced capacity.
- Cocktails will be available on the casino floor 24 hours.
- The buffet will not open initially
- Valet service will be provided.
- The pool and fitness center will be open.
- Lava Links mini golf course will be open.
Silver Slipper — Opens at 10 a.m. Thursday
- Slot machines will be spaced for social distancing.
- A limited number of table games will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily with limited seating. Guests are encouraged to wear gloves at the table games.
- The sportsbook and Keno will not reopen immediately.
- The hotel and RV park will be open.
- Palm Court will have grab and go items available for purchase 24/7.
- Blue Bayou will be open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays & Sundays serving the Edge menu only.
- Jubilee Buffet will be open regular hours and serving regular menu, including crab starting at 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday.
- Bayou Caddy Oyster Bar, Beach Bar & Café and the Beach Club (pool area) will not reopen immediately.
- Valet Parking will be available.
- Rumble on the Gulf and all live entertainment are suspended
- All guests must get their temperature checked before entering the building.
Treasure Bay — Opens at 8 a.m. Thursday
- All restaurants will be open except CQ, which is temporarily closed.
- The Den restaurant, previously located on the first floor, is being relocated to the CQ location next to Blu Lounge to allow better social distancing.
- The buffet will be served by staff rather than self-serve. Two dinner pricing options will be offered with crab or without crab.
- No one under age 21 will be allowed on property, including at the hotel, restaurant or pool, because of the decreased occupancy and desire to keep lines at a minimum