PASCAGOULA, Miss. (WXXV) — The City of Pascagoula is holding a Special Election today, Tuesday, February 11.
Citizens will vote to elect a mayor, filling the unexpired term of Mayor Dane Maxwell.
Maxwell resigned January 2 to take on a role as Public Service Commissioner for Mississippi’s Southern District.
Councilman Stephen Burrow has been serving as acting mayor since Maxwell left office.
Three candidates are in the race to take over the reins of the city: Burt Hill, who is a former Pascagoula councilman; Dr. Steve Demetropoulos, a family physician with Singing River Health System; and Chris Grace, a sales representative who serves on the city’s Recreation Commission.
Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Voting precincts in Pascagoula:
- Ward 1 Central Fire Station at 1707 Jackson Avenue
- Ward 2 Iglesia Bautista Fuente de Vida at 3819 Arlington Street
- Ward 3 Victory Praise & Worship Center at 2305 Chicot Street
- Ward 4 Lighthouse Baptist Church at 3003 Belair Street
- North Ward 5 Action Church at 4007 Pascagoula Street
- South Ward 5 American Legion Building at 1019 Market Street
Polls are open in Pascagoula for the special mayoral election. On the ballot are Burt Hill, Dr. Steve Demetropoulos and Chris Grace. Precincts are open until 7 p.m. We will have results tonight and you can also hear from voters at noon on #News25 pic.twitter.com/VSAVKtY7wF
— Gabby Easterwood (@GabbyEWXXV) February 11, 2020
In order to vote, you must bring a valid form of identification which may include a driver’s license, U.S. passport, student photo ID issued by an accredited Mississippi university, college, or junior college, tribal ID, or a U.S. military photo ID.