(WXXV) — With Sally forecast to make landfall as a hurricane, forecasters say heavy rainfall and coastal flooding can be expected across the Gulf Coast.
Authorities throughout South Mississippi are preparing now by setting up several self-serve sandbag sites.
The sites will have sand and bags. Those wishing to use the service must fill their own bags themselves.
The locations include the following:
In preparation for upcoming weather, self-serve sand and sandbags will be available at the following County locations listed below beginning Sunday, September 13th after 10:00 a.m.
- West Division Roads Dept., 6900 N. Washington Avenue (Hwy. 609), Ocean Springs
- Central Road Department, 8500 Jim Ramsay Road, Vancleave
- East Division Roads Department, 10825 Hwy. 63, Moss Point
- Forts Lake Fire Department, 10701 Forts Lake Road, Moss Point
- Escatawpa VFD, 3801 Sentinel Dr, Moss Point
- Fontainebleau Fire Department, 3901 Hwy. 57 South, Ocean Springs
- St. Andrews Fire Department, 1401 Elm Street, Ocean Springs
- Gautier – Behind City Hall, Highway 90
- Moss Point – New Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview Street
- Ocean Springs – Public Works Department, 712 A Pine Drive
- Pascagoula – Jackson County Fairgrounds, 2902 Shortcut Rd
- Courthouse Road Pier, 96 Courthouse Road, Gulfport
- D’Iberville Work Center, 10085 1st Avenue, D’Iberville
- D’Iberville Marina, just north of the Marina under I-110
- Gulfport Fire Station on 42nd Avenue
- Harrison County Road Department, 10076 Lorraine Road, Gulfport
- Intersection of Hewes Avenue and Glover Street
- Lyman Work Center, 15001 County Farm Road, Gulfport
- Long Beach Work Center, 605 North Seal Avenue, Long Beach
- Long Beach Harbor, 720 South Cleveland Avenue, Long Beach
- Orange Grove Community Center on Dedeaux Road
- Orange Grove Work Center, 8300 34th Avenue, Gulfport
- Woolmarket Work Center, 16395 Old Woolmarket Road, Biloxi
The Hancock County Emergency Management Agency will have self-serve sand and sand bags starting at 7 a.m. Sunday, September 13, at the locations listed below.
- Hancock County Horse Arena, 4184 Kiln Delisle Road
- Old Hancock County Complex, 3068 Longfellow Drive
- Lakeshore Community Center, 6440 Lower Bay Road
- Bayside Fire Department, 6215 West Hinds Street
- West Hancock Fire Department, 16006 Washington Street
- Diamondhead City Hall, 5000 Diamondhead Circle
If you need assistance with getting the sand-bags, please contact the Hancock County Emergency Management Agency at 228-255-0942 or Hancock County Central Dispatch at 228-255-9191.
Additional self-serve sandbag sites may be added later. Check back for updates.