More than 600 cases of COVID-19 have been reported in the state, as well as 30 new deaths — including one in Harrison County.
Harrison County now has one of the highest rates of reported cases in the state, with 44 new cases reported on Tuesday.
The Mississippi State Department of Health released numbers for July 7. There were 674 new cases of COVID-19 in the state for a total of 32,888 and 1,188 deaths since reporting began in March.
Here are the numbers for our area:
- Hancock County is at 134 (0 new) cases and 13 deaths
- Harrison County is at 1,013 (44 new) cases and 12 deaths
- Jackson County is at 704 (15 new) cases and 17 deaths
- Stone County is at 72 (3 new) cases and two deaths
- George County is at 94 (3 new) cases and three deaths
- Pearl River County is at 269 (4 new) cases and 32 deaths