Mississippi’s state Department of Health reported 870 new COVID-19 cases in the state, and 10 deaths — two in Harrison County.
The numbers were released Thursday morning. The number is the second-highest single-day total in Mississippi since 1,092 cases were reported on June 25.
To date, Mississippi has seen 28,770 cases reported and 1,092 deaths.
Here are the numbers for our area:
- Hancock County reported three new cases, still at 123 and 13 deaths.
- Harrison County reported 50 new cases, now at 794 total cases and now 10 deaths.
- Jackson County reported 24 new cases. They’re now at 557 cases and 16 deaths.
- Stone County reports two new cases, now at 54 and one death.
- George County also has one new case, now at 75 and three deaths.
- Pearl River County reports one new case at 245 and still 32 deaths.
The state also reported that 19,388 of the reported cases are presumed recovered.