Yesterday, the Mississippi State Department of Health reported the latest coronavirus cases and deaths in our state.
They reported 526 new cases of COVID-19 and 22 new deaths. The statewide total stands at 23,424 cases and 1,011 deaths.
Here are the numbers in our area:
- Hancock County reported three new cases. They stand at 106 cases and 13 deaths.
- Harrison County reported 15 new cases, now at 514 cases and seven deaths.
- Jackson County reported 14 new cases. They’re currently at 439 cases and 16 deaths.
- Stone County has one new case, now at 44 cases and one death.
- George County has no new cases. They’re still at 58 cases and three deaths.
- Pearl River County has one new case, now at 228 cases and 32 deaths.
MSDH reports 17,242 people have presumably recovered from the virus.