Several cities and counties in South Mississippi have set up self-serve sandbag stations for residents who need them to protect property.
Gulfport said that while residents should be prepared to fill their own sandbags, there will be staff on hand to help those who need assistance.
Here’s where you can find sandbag stations on the Coast:
- Harrison County — Self-serve at Coasthouse Road parking area on US 90 and Long Beach Harbor
- Ocean Springs — Self-serve at Public Works at 712 Pine Drive
- Pascagoula — Self-serve at Jackson County Fairgrounds
- Gautier — Self-serve behind Gautier City Hall
- Gulfport — Orange Grove Community Center on Dedeaux Road
- Gulfport — Fire Station on 42nd Avenue
- Gulfport — Intersection of Hewes Avenue and Glove Street