Woman suffering serious burns after flash fire in Harrison County

0

A woman is recovering this morning from serious burns after a flash fire.

Sunday afternoon, shortly after 5 p.m., a woman was flown to a burn center in Mobile, Alabama. Firefighters and paramedics from the Harrison County Fire Rescue were called to a home on Shaw Road.

- Advertisement -

A man, who was working on the gas tank of a portable generator, allowed the gasoline fumes from the tank to get too close to a small grill with a fire inside, causing a flash fire.

The woman was standing next to the grill and ended up getting burned when the fire flashed. She was treated on the scene before being flown to Mobile.

The Harrison County Fire Marshal and the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department are investigating, but the incident appears to be an accident.



They want to urge people to be careful when working with gasoline because the fumes can travel great distances.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here