LONG BEACH, Miss. (WXXV) — One man escaped a house fire Tuesday night in Long Beach.
According to authorities, the fire broke out at a home on Hartzell Road at around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday night.
The man inside the home was able to escape, but his home, a shed, and an SUV, were all damaged or destroyed in the fire.
Firefighters from the Harrison County Fire Rescue, Cuevas, Long Beach Fire and the Combat Readiness Training Center, were called out to fight the fire.
No one was injured.
The fire was caused by a heater set up to heat an animal enclosure and accidentally set fire to a shed behind the house.
The fire spread to a vehicle and the house.