This morning around 2:30 Harrison County Fire Service responded to a call of a house in flames on Moran Road.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find advanced flames and fought the blaze for over five hours. The two story house was a total loss.
According to Harrison County Fire Chief Pat Sullivan, no one was inside the home at the time so there are no injuries reported. Neighbors say the residents of the home were out of town.
Chief Sullivan says there are a number of things you can do while out of town to make sure your home stays safe. “Make sure that all of the appliances that you can unplug, make the sure the iron is off. The things that you know could cause a fire make sure that you don’t leave your dryer going when you leave. We never recommend leaving home with a dryer going and nobody there. If you leave town you are at the mercy of what happens when you are not here.”
No exact word on what caused the fire yet, but we will update you as we learn more.