This morning, an eighteen wheeler, traveling north on Highway 49 was forced to pull over at the O'neal Road Chevron station after containers full of hydrochloric acid began leaking in the trailer. Gulfport Fire Department's hazardous materials team responded to the call, blocking off all entrances to the gas station, while crews in hazmat gear controlled the spill. The spill happened mainly inside the trailer, with only a little acid spilling onto the road. No civilians were in any danger, thanks to the fast acting cleanup crews. Mike Beyerstedt, the Fire Chief of the Gulfport Fire Department, says, "We're doing air sampling and also we're sampling the product that's actually been spilled and we’re containing it, making sure it doesn't get into any drains. We’re making sure the safety of our citizens up here is always our paramount concern."