M.D.M.R. marine information calendars available coastwide Jan. 9th
BILOXI, MS – The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (M.D.M.R.) “Preserving and Enjoying Mississippi’s Coastal Resources” 2015 marine information calendars will be available Jan. 9th at several locations along the Coast. The 2015 calendar features photographs of Mississippi coastal habitats and describes the programs that M.D.M.R. administers to protect those coastal resources.
The free calendar also contains handy information for Coast fishermen, such as tide data, sunrise and sunset times, moon phases, reef coordinates, size and possession limits, boating safety requirements, Mississippi saltwater fishing records and marine debris. The calendar was printed through a federal grant from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (N.O.A.A.), Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management under the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972, as amended.
“M.D.M.R. is happy to provide this year’s marine information calendar, which contains practical and useful information about Mississippi marine resources,” M.D.M.R. Executive Director, Jamie Miller, said. “It also serves as a monthly reminder of the incredible landscape we call home.”
The calendars will be available at the following locations while supplies last. Calendars will also be distributed to Coast bait shops. Please call the location of your choice for hours of operation. For more information, call 523-4124 or 523-4053.
Bay St. Louis:
- The Sea Coast Echo, 124 Court St., 228-467-5473
- Hancock County Chamber of Commerce, 412 Hwy. 90, Suite 6, 228-467-9048
- Biloxi Bay Chamber of Commerce, 1050 Beach Blvd., 228-435-6149
- Biloxi-D’Iberville Press, 819 Jackson St., 228-435-0720
- Biloxi Visitors Center, 1050 Beach Blvd.,228-374-3105
- Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, 1141 Bayview Ave., 228-374-5000
- Mississippi State University Coastal Research & Extension Center, 1815 Popp’s Ferry Road, 228-388-4710
- Hope Community Credit Union, 188 Porter Ave., 228-374-1554
- The Sun Herald, 205 DeBuys Road, 228-896-2100
- Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union, 12364 Hwy. 49, 228-539-7029
- WXXV 25, 14351 Hwy. 49, 228-832-2525
- Gulfport City Hall, 2309 15th St., 228-868-5700
- Grand Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve (N.E.R.R.), 6005 Bayou Heron Road, 228-475-7047
- The Ocean Springs Record, 432 Porter Ave., 228-207-4709
- Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce, 1000 Washington Ave., 228-875-0892
- Ocean Springs Gazette, 2016 Bienville Blvd., 228-875-1241
- Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, 2404 Government St., 228-875-5912
- Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, 720 Krebs Ave., 228-762-3391
- Wayne Lee’s Grocery Store, 1317 Telephone Rd., 228-762-4101
- Pass Christian City Hall, 200 West Scenic Drive, 228-452-3313
The M.D.M.R. is dedicated to enhancing, protecting and conserving marine interests of the state by managing all marine life, public trust wetlands, adjacent uplands and waterfront areas to provide for the optimal commercial, recreational, educational and economic uses of these resources consistent with environmental concerns and social changes. Visit the M.D.M.R. online at dmr.ms.gov.
PHOTO CREDIT: Photo courtesy of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources
PHOTO CAPTION: The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources’ free “Preserving and Enjoying Mississippi’s Coastal Resources” 2015 marine information calendar will be available Jan. 9th at 20 locations along the Coast. Calendars will also be distributed to Coast bait shops. The calendar features photographs highlighting M.D.M.R. programs and contains sunrise/sunset times, moon phases, and tidal ranges as well as reef locations, saltwater sportfishing records, and boating safety tips.